Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pictures

Hello, so I have finally got some pictures up! but first, an update.

So last weekend my darling roommate was gone and I pretty much just hung around town and did nothing. Saturday I went to Lenin monument to observe skateboarders and then bought a Marukami book from this chill bookstore. This week we're doing case studies and my group is doing it on the Long Bien market which is this wholesale fruit and vegetable market that is from midnight to 6 in the morning. SO, wednesday morning I woke my butt up at 3:30 in the morning to get a cab at 4 and meet people at 4:30. This girl came to be our interpreter at 5 and for the next hour we walked through the craziest most chaotic place ever. And it was dirty to boot because if you think this market is inside, think again. It is outside on top of MUD. Then we had to wait around until 10 for an interview with the manager so we walked across the bridge to this island that has a farm on it and wandered through it talking to workers, petting puppies and geese at someone's house and taking pictures. Fun! But we were tired for sure. We had our interview and then me and Elana had good veggie lunch and I came home and passed out. Oh yeah, when I woke up at 3:30 in the morning I went to pee and found a MOUSE in the toilet. Alive. I didn't know what to do and I didn't want to flush him so I just left him there and figured someone would deal with him but I got home and no one had so I fished him out and let him go in the alley but he was so sad and soaked and he could barely walk from being so traumatized. )-: This is my roommate Kimberlynn, wearing the masks everyone here wears cuz of pollution. And that's Kiko.
This is the dining room on our boat at Halong Bay. That's Coral and Yeseul.

Suntanning on the deck of our boat

Sorry this picture is sideways, but that's a boat and the communist flag!


The crappy, Disney cave at Halong Bay

Our boat, the Dream Voyage


This is a floating fishing village, yup

Some of the girls doing Capoeria outside Lenin Monument

Drinking beers at a Bia Hoi-13 cents each!

No comments:

Post a Comment